Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I am a dancer


Hello! First, seemingly usual now, I'd like to apologize for the time that had gone by without an entry! I appreciate those of you who do read my blog and I'm sorry I haven't been keeping you guys up to date. My life had been getting busier and more fun and its been hard to find time to blog! I'm even having trouble finding time to call Cyrus these days! I have been very focused on dancing and I am loving every moment of it. My teachers have inspired me more than I can say and I am working so hard. I want to be the best dancer I can be and I am doing everything I possibly can to do so. Every decision I make in my life hinges on whether or not it will make me a better dancer. I think about dancing pretty much every moment of the day. Even silly things like what to eat, what to wear, when to get up, when to go shopping, etc...are based around how they will effect my dancing. Our house currently is emptied of most of our staple foods because in the time I usually go to the grocery store I practiced dancing instead. I practice dancing or workout whenever I am not in actual dance class or eating!! Ok- so I think you guys get the point that I have fallen in love with dancing. But its bigger than that. The truth is, in my life I have always had many passions, clarinet, singing, playing tennis, working out, swimming to name a few, but now, for the first time, I just want one thing, and that is to be a dancer at with a particular company whose name I will not mention. It feels so amazing to pour all my energy toward one goal, and for once not be thinking about other passions. When I dance all the time I feel more like myself all the time. I really identify as a dancer and I want others to as well. I want people to look at me and my body and KNOW immediately, wow- she must be a dancer. Dancing brings me pure joy and when I'm doing I have so much fun, when I'm not doing it I think about doing it. For example last night, I came home about midnight, after grabbing a drink and some dinner with Emily after dancing, completely exhausted but instead of falling asleep I laid in my bed for 2 hours going over my dance lessons in my head and picturing myself moving my body (since my body was too tired really move!). Then once I finally did fall asleep I dreamed about dancing in a beautiful big ballroom in a gorgeous dress and smiling and the audience cheering, and loving the audience. These kind of dreams happen pretty much every night now. Sometimes I even wake up in the middle of the night because I am dancing in my sleep! I think I mentioned that before. Anyways thats pretty much what has been on my mind in the past couple of weeks. I will write another entry soon and talk about some of the fun events that I've attending such Thanksgiving with Cy and his family, Holiday Spotlight Performance, and some upcoming singing gigs! Hope everyone is having a great December!
ps- this pic is from dec 05 but i think it shows my current mood! more recent pictures to come once i get organized!

No comments: