Friday, December 7, 2007

Thanksgiving...a little late!


Welcome back to my blog! This entry is going to be dedicated to the details of my beautiful Thanksgiving weekend with Cyrus and his family. I know its a little late for the Turkey entry BUT it is worth it because 1) the weekend was awesome and 2)its been long enough that i miss him a lot and I need to recount the good times with him! So, I spent Wed-Sun with Cyrus, his brother Frank, Frank's girlfriend Ellie, his mom and dad, his grandmother Maudi (spelling?) and her dog Rosie. We were at her country house in Virginia (right at the foothills of the Appalachians! We all flew in to Dulles and I met Cyrus and his gate because my plane got in a few minutes before his. Cyrus came out first and I ran up to him and gave him a big hug and kiss! It was almost surreal because I hadn't been able to touch him in so long and also because my ears were plugged up from the airplane. So after squeezing the 6 of us in to a mini van and driving almost 2 hours we finally arrived at the country house at about 10pm. Cy and I got to stay in the 'guest house' which is a log cabin separate from the main house. The log cabin was plently warm and the bed was comfy (although cyrus thought it was too soft) but it was infested with flies and wasps which was slightly scary at first. Our days consisted of being fed way too much food by Abelle (Maudie's live in servant), sitting around the wood burning stove, and watching movies. On the actual day of Thanksgiving Pat and Dick, two of Maudie's friends, came for Thanksgiving brunch with their live in nurse Corina. I really liked Corina and I wish she could have stayed longer. Later that afternoon, Alicia joined us and she stayed for most of the weekend. Cyrus and I entertained the masses after the meal by sight reading some clarinet duets. On Friday we took a trip in to Culpepper (the closest piece of civilization) which was pretty fun depite the fact that i got carsick on the way there. Saturday we went hiking on "Little Devils Staircase" which was really fun even though it took us forever to find the trail because Maudie was leading and she didnt' have a map. She kept insisting that we stop and ask the mountain people!! Sunday we left for the airport a little late and it turned out being a huge crunch to make it to my flight on time! I got to the gate about 5 minutes before boarding!!!! Over the trip was very relaxing and enjoyable. It was sooooo good to see my baby and to spend some time with his fam who I hadn't seen for over a year. I will be spending New Years with them and I am super excited! Thats about all I've got! The pic is the view from the side porch the the country house! It was beautiful!

No comments: