Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm feeling SO WEIRD!


It is totally time for another blog entry because my life is SOOOO weird right now. The new year started with a bang and then suddenly took a wrong turn. As a student at my ballroom studio I had the opportunity to compete to be a part of the Dancing With The Stars Touring Show in Detroit. My partner and I practiced our asses off for the first round of competition which was held in Northville on Jan. 3. We danced a Cha-Cha and a Swing against about 40 other couples. Of those 40 the judges and audience participation (signature DWTS) selected 10 couples to move on to the finals. My partner and I were selected!!!!!!!!!!!! So a few days later we went to Joe Louis Arena and danced again in front of 20,000ish people in the Pre-Show of the Touring Show. We did not move on to the final round but it was amazing to dance in front of so many people and we got seats on the floor for the entire show. It was the most amazing show I'd ever seen! Anyway- because of the amazing performance experience I developed a whole new attitude toward life. Basically I realized that I was living my life in somewhat of a reserved mode and life was so much more enjoyable when I let my crazy self out all the time and didn't think about what other people were going to think of. For the first time I felt really alive! I found this new way of living that was so much better I felt like I was reborn. Then all of a sudden I started getting self conscious about it and shy. Now I am in the weirdest mood ever and I have been for the past week. I'm hard core self-conscious and afraid of what people are gonna think and how they are going to react. I feel so out of my element all the time now and it fucking sucks. I don't why I feel so strange but it seriously needs to stop soon!! I am not even motivated to dance or workout or anything. I mean I'm still doing things but I just don't have the same passion. Its so screwy. Anyone have any advice?

No comments: