Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Longest Travel Day Ever!


Welcome back to my blog! I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun filled holiday! My holiday was sufficiently full of overeating and being lazy and I am now completely convinced that the holidays are a major conspiracy to make people gain weight! Honestly- if you don't overeat during the holidays you are like a misfit of society! Anyway- I'll talk more about my specific holiday events in another entry, for now I want to talk about my day which was THE LONGEST TRAVEL DAY EVER! Ok- so maybe it wasn't the longest but today I spend over 12 hours in an airport or airplane. It all started with a restless last night at Cys house in Minnesota. We got up at 7:45am to catch a taxi to the airport at 8:30. The taxi was late but we still made it to the airport by 9 and Cy made it to his flight to New York City at 10. I, however, had to wait until 12:30 to catch my flight to Chicago Midway. I stared out the window at Cys gate for 2 hours after his plane took off then I made my way over to my gate in another Concourse. I reached my gate only to find that my flight had been delayed by 30min. I got some coffee and then came back to the gate to find it was delayed even more! I finally boarded the plane and we took off at about 1:30pm! I got to Midway STARVING and headed to the food court for some lunch. Midway has the best food court because it has Potbellies and Ben and Jerry's-- both of which I indulged in for lunch. I had a 5 hour lay over in Midway which turned out to be 4 because of the previous delay. I ate lunch, walked around a little, and then settled down in the phone booth/travel area to plug in my computer to watch "Shall We Dance" (the original Japanese version) which Cys mom got me for xmas. It was such a good movie!!! I liked it just as much as the 04 version with jlo and richard gere. I finally boarded my plane to detroit at 6:07. I got in to detroit only to find that my 2 checked bags did not make it to detroit with me!! I waited my the carousel for 20 min and then stood in line at the "Luggage Information Office" for another 30 minutes. They told me my luggage was not there and all I could do was file a delayed luggage claim and give them my home address. Meanwhile my parents were circling the airport for over an hour waiting for me to be done! I finally got done and meet them outside for the ride back to snowy Ann Arbor! Apparently Ann Arbor got 12 inches of snow!!! One of our electrical wires that was mounted to the house got dragged down by the heavy snow and is dangling over the back porch! Its scary looking! Anyway! That was my boring day of airporting in a nutshell. Now I feel like I can let it go and relax and go to bed! I hope I get some sympathy comments for my 12 hour airport day! Hope everyone had better travels then me and did not lose their luggage! Take care everyone and be on the look out for some post-holiday fat blaster podcasts!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: